PART-TIME SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
El Camino Travel is seeking a part-time social media coordinator to join our team in Washington DC to help us promote and market our group tours and authentic travel experiences through our digital platforms. This position will be reporting directly to the CEO. The new position will develop and grow our social media presence across new and existing platforms. This candidate has extensive experience creating compelling, creative and engaging content to various target audiences and understands how to pinpoint when and why content is successful. This position requires a high degree of initiative, very strong organizational skills, a creative mindset, effective communication (both verbal and written), an ability to efficiently prioritize and manage complex processes, an enthusiastic can-do attitude, a strong interest in travel, and a desire to learn new skills as needed. This position will start off at 25 hours a week and has the potential to turn into a full-time position.
- Develop innovative and creative social media copy, digital images, and social media campaign concepts for our newsletter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Manage day-to-day social media engagement, content and conversation
- Ensure a cohesive social media identity
- Establish and meet KPI’s for all social channels, report on follower growth, engagement, and community response time across all platforms
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends
- Maintain and track all social media platforms to ensure maximum visibility and increase brand recognition
- Engage social media influencers and identify key partners on targeted platforms
- Communicate, track and manage project status, check ins, and deliverables
- Assist with other tasks as needed
- A thorough understanding of and passion for El Camino's style of travel. You can watch this video to learn more about us
- Live in Washington, DC or willingness to relocate (A MUST!)
- Willingness to travel from time to time
- 2 years or more experience in content creation for social media
- Ambitious types dedicated to their own personal growth
- Familiarity with the following programs, Google Docs, Dropbox, Mailchimp, Photoshop, Illustrator, Squarespace, and Google Analytics
- Strong design aesthetic
- Creative problem-solvers who adapt quickly to change
- Effective written, verbal, and visual communicator
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Pays attention to all the details
- Familiarity with SEO a plus
- A Spanish speaker - a MAJOR plus
HOW TO APPLY:
1. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BELOW.
APPLICATION SUBMITTED. WHAT NOW?
As we sift through these awesome applications, we will personally contact you to schedule an interview if we are interested. You should expect two rounds of interviews before the final selects are made (phone/skype interview + in-person interview).